designed to heighten awareness about I-O psychology among undergraduate students later this month.
The virtual conference will take place from 9 a.m. - 12 p.m. ET November 9 and 1 p.m.- 4 p.m. ET November 10, 2026. Attendees can register for this Zoom event at the DIP event page. Note there are separate registration links for each day.
DAY 1 | November 9 | 9 a.m.–12 p.m. ET
Discover the World of I-O Psychology
Attendees will hear from accomplished practitioners, researchers, and scholars as they share insights about exciting career paths, doctoral training, and the experiences that shaped their journeys.
DAY 2 | November 10 | 1–4 p.m. ET
Turn Graduate School Goals Into a Plan
Attendees will receive practical guidance on finding doctoral programs that fit their interests, preparing a competitive application, navigating interviews, and getting ready for graduate school.
For a select group of participants, the conference could be just the beginning. Students selected as DIP Scholars may have the opportunity to participate in additional experiences, including:
• Hands-on research: A 10-week mentored research experience, starting in January, designed to build research skills and confidence.
• Professional connections: An immersive experience at the 2027 SIOP Annual Conference in April, connecting students with the broader I-O psychology community.
Please consider sharing this opportunity with any undergraduate students you may know. Your invitation could inspire a student to discover a field, pursue a PhD, and become part of the next generation of I-O psychology.
Did you know?
The DIP Program was introduced in 2021 and was unanimously approved by the SIOP Executive Board as a pipeline program to support undergraduate students interested in I-O psychology. Survey of Earned Doctorates (SED) data collected via the National Science Foundation show that in 2019, 183 respondents reported earning a doctorate in I-O psychology. Of these respondents, approximately 10% were Black, 10% Hispanic, and less than 1% American Indian or Alaska Native. Each of these percentages is less than their respective percentages in the U.S. population. The mission of the Diversifying I-O Psychology Program is to build a larger, more diverse talent pipeline within the field of I-O psychology and SIOP by increasing the number of Black/African American, Hispanic/Latinx, and Native American students applying to and entering funded I-O doctoral programs.