Sep 12, 2018

Introducing your representative on the BSOS Dean's Student Advisory Council (DSAC)!: Vardaan Dua!

Hi everyone! My name is Vardaan Dua, a sophomore Psychology major from New Delhi, India.This
year I have been elected to serve as the Psychology Representative & Vice Chair of Academics on the Dean’s Student Advisory Council (DSAC). 

DSAC is an undergraduate committee within the College of Behavioral and Social Sciences, that provides a platform for students to engage with different ideas and work on proposals that are aimed at bettering the relationships of BSOS students with their College and respective departments! In addition to my involvement with DSAC, I have worked with the College of Behavioral and Social Sciences as a Peer Mentor, Orientation Peer Advisor, and will be working as a Peer Advisor in the Fall! I am also a part of the University's First Year and Innovation Experience program, as a Research Assistant in the Comprehensive Assessment and Intervention Program Lab. On campus, I am involved with various organizations as a Tour Guide with Maryland Images, Peer Counselor in training at the University's Help Center, Student Volunteer through the Alternative Breaks program and a few other organizations.

I am extremely excited to serve as a student representative for our college! I aspire to implement ideas that will pronounce their benefits on the BSOS student population as a whole, helping us build a close-knit community within the college! I would love to communicate with all of you regarding your visions, ideas, suggestions, or concerns regarding your involvement with the Department of Psychology or the College of Behavioral and Social Sciences! I can be contacted at vdua@umd.edu. I look forward to this academic year!

Submit Your Blog Post Request Here

If you have an announcement or opportunity you would like to post on the PSYC E-News Blog please complete the PSYC Blogpost Request Form